So we had the greatest long weekend. First I should say, we are sooo lucky. Josh and I both have our parents close by and we were able to leave our 3 kids with my parents for 4 days. I was a bit nervous, to be gone that long, especially since I have never left Kruz over night before. I knew the girls would be ok, but I wasn't so sure about Kruz. Josh and I drove to Utah Thursday morning and we stayed in Alpine with Fred and Marylou Parker. They have a beautiful home up on the hill, and it was like we were staying in a 5 Star Bed and Breakfast. They treated us so nice and we are so grateful to them. We had a fun weekend eating out, visiting with family and friends, attending the wedding at the SLC Temple for LaRen and Ryan (Josh's cousin), and just enjoying life with no kids. The weather was beautiful and the weekend couldn't have been better. It was so great to see and visit with everyone. We called the kids often and they were always having a great time. I am so grateful my parents were willing to watch them. Thanks to everyone that was helping. We truely are lucky. We drove home Sunday and had a few hours to play with the kids before is was bedtime and time to get ready for everyone to go back to school on Monday. What a great trip.
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad you guys had so much fun...I remember one time when you left the girls and visited us (we'll pretend we were the reason), yes, that was fun...maybe you need to work on that again! Love the blog!
Very cool blog, Shanen. It was great seeing you and Josh last weekend! Mike Schouten
Post a Comment