Friday, October 26, 2007

Phase 4 and getting closer

We really are getting closer. Our backyard has been a long process, but we are nearing the end. We are pretty much doing it on our own and with Josh working long hours, we really only have Saturdays to work on it. And it isn't like are Saturdays are completely open. We have 2 soccer games, and we are lucky if they are close in times, and then Saturday is football day. We are HUGE ASU fans since we are both Alums, but Josh also has a season ticket with my dad, sister, and her husband. So Saturdays usually end for us around 4:00 so that Josh can shower and head out to dinner and the game for the night. Yes I realize home games aren't every week, but with the team being 7-0, we couldn't possibly not watch the game on tv.

Sorry about that tangent, but that is the reason for our slow progress backyard. But I am happy to report that we now have trees, sand, peagravel, and the grass area is ready for whenever winter sod arrives. We love how it has turned out, and the kids just love being outside. So here are the recent pictures.

5 comments:

nicole said...

It's looking so good! I can't wait to see it. I guess that means we'll have to be invited to come out there! =)

Kristin said...

Oh it looks so great! I am so excited for you, it's almost done!

Cindy said...

Fun Backyard! and congrats on ASU being so good this year!! My husband is a HUGE BYU fan and I went to Michigan State so neither of us have much to cheer for this year! Can I be an ASU fan now that I live in Arizona??? :)

Jamie C. said...

Geez, that is one gigantic backyard! It looks so great! I know your kids must be loving it...and probably you and Josh a little too! Job well done!

Bryn said...

I love how it is turning out. The grass will look great and the fire pit will be so fun!