So we've had a tradition since Kylee was young. And it probably started when Josh was in school full time and I was working full time and we were broke and had no food in the house. But on Tuesday nights, Del Taco has tacos for 3/$0.99 We would get 12 tacos, pay $4 and change and call it a night. Well once Kylee was old enough to appreciate music, we have had this fun tradition all season long of American Idol, to get tacos and have a picnic in the family room and watch American Idol together as a family.
The girls love it. We often have to sensor it, or change the channel, or mute it, during the tryout weeks, but the girls love the singing. So every Tuesday at our house is Tuesday Taco Night. And with two growing girls and a little boy in our house now, we are now up to 21 tacos. Can you believe it?? And yes they ALL get eaten.
13 comments:
Thanks for that Shanen! I needed a good "cheap" dinner idea for some of the nights Scott is working and I'm alone with the kids. Although I would have to force my older boys to watch "Idol" with me and Rylee!
Okay - I just realized it's only on Tuesday nights...we'll still make it work!!
ohhhhh yummmmm! or as Pudgie might say..."MMMMMM B!
What a fun tradition. I'm sure the girls love it and Kruz will too. We've never jumped on the Idol bandwagon, but maybe one of these seasons we will.
What a fun tradition! For the rest of their lives whenever your girls eat Del Taco I'm sure they'll think of these fun memories. Oh, and I loved your last post. Boys are so much work, but oh so worth it!
Love it! So fun! Where the heck is the closest Del Taco anyways?! The other night I was CRAVING Taco Bell/Del Taco & got depressed when I realized the closest one is still too far!
21 Tacos! How many does Kruz eat, 6? Just kidding! I love this, that is so fun! I know lots of people that have Friday pizza and movie night, but I would much prefer taco tuesday and american idol! Love it!
Okay, you just set a new family tradition in stone for us. See you at Del Taco drive thru next Tues night right before AI.
Chelsea, the nearest Del Taco is at Gilbert/Gremann, but I thought I heard right here on the corner of Higley and CH will be the nearest Taco Bell. Yum Yum for us.
I'm not sure how I feel about 21 tacos...but I do love a good American Idol picnic!
How fun! We need more fun traditons like this at our house! I might have to take a cue from you and start this one. Tacos and Idol, what agreat combo!
How fun! I want a fun tradition! I think Ava is still too little and would choke though! Maybe next year!
Hmmm... I think Del Taco just got our family as a new Tuesday night customer.
Post a Comment