We love our kitchen. It was one of the most expensive parts of our house when we were in the design center. We didn't really intend it to be, and it was a little overwhelming, but we certainly love it now. However, because we bought at the VERY BEGINNING of the development,(the 11th home) the models were not complete yet, and that really didn't matter anyways, because the home we bought wasn't even one of the models. And these were "new" homes, so they weren't even built somewhere else to go and look. Our only chance to look at our home, other than on paper, was the home behind us. This was the 1st home being built, and it was a "spec" home. It was our model and they were about 8 weeks ahead of us on build time. So we made it a Sunday ritual after dinner to drive to our development and walk through "our house." We were happy with what we were seeing, and excited to see things we had no idea we were getting. We were able to make some "changes" along the way as we saw thing installed in the "spec" house. We would call the design center and ask "Is this standard?" Surprisingly, a lot of it was, but we were able to make some late changes because we didn't know any better.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Barstools
So after saying all that, we LOVE our home. It is great. But the ONE THING that made us crazy was our extremely high bar counter. It sat empty with no bar stools for a VERY LONG TIME. It was higher than the standard stools, so we would need "custom" stools that ran about $250+ each. We were in no place to be spending $1000 + dollars on bar stools, so we just waited.
Moving Day
(the only picture I had of the bar)
Well we aren't at that point yet, however this is what we are dealing with.
Doing Dishes
Washing His Hands
Getting a Snack
Kruz can pull these bar stools to anywhere he wants, he can climb onto them, and can basically reach anything he can get his hands on.
They are swivel bar stools and I think he might just break his neck. I am about tempted to put these bar stools away for awhile and go back to our empty bar.
Posted by Shanen at 2:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What? How does he move those things around the kicthen? I HATE when Dax climbs on barstools! Remember ours in Denvale?
I'M TELLING YA... START HITTING THE GOODWILLS AND THE BARGAIN STORES. MINE WERE $60 FOR ALL FOUR AND IN THE REAL WORLD WERE $350EACH. (I LIKE MY FANTASYLAND OF CHEAP STUFF I LIVE IN!!) IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME THOUGH... SOMETIMES IT ISN'T WORTH THE HASSEL BUT I KNOW PUDGIE ISN'T GOING TO SWIVEL OFF ONTO THE FLOOR.... INSTEAD ME MAY JUST NOSE DIVE OFF THE ISLAND!!!! YOU'RE GONNA MISS THESE DAYS.. SOONER THAN YOU EXPECT!
That senaky Kruz...except he can't be that sneaky of a guy dragging those barstools over your floor! I'm sure it's pretty loud! He is a funny one. I'm so glad you have all thsse pictures of his shinanigans.
one of the first things I bought for our new house was a set of 3 gorgeous rubbed black bar-height barstools...what an idiot I was, ours was counter height! I had to sell those on craigslist, for a steal! I was so sad! Later I heard a few people from the ward mention they were looking for bar stools...bummer!
I don't get how he can move those things. Now he can get in to all sorts of mischief. At least he's using his strength for good. Washing dishes, washing his hands, and looking at daddy?? So cute!Dylan has just started figuring out how to climb on things to get what she wants. Not cute.
What a stinker for climbing but he is sure cute! I love your kitchen too, it is beautiful!
He is definately all boy! We did the same Sunday ritual, it was kind of fun. Your kitchen is beautiful, by the way. Thanks also for posting the temple picture info!
Those are high! But also beautiful. You have a gorgeous home. And cute little guy, too!
Post a Comment