Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Childhood Memory

I was thinking about this the other night and I though..."I should write this down." So this is totally for my sake only, and maybe for my sister Jennifer. But I am curious if this is a memory for anyone else.


So when we were young it was summertime and of course we were bored. I don't remember much else about the situation, but I DO REMEMBER, we got out pads of paper and decided to watch tv and to try and write down all the words to commercials. Please, did any of you do this?? So as time would have it, all these years later, there are 2 commercials I can still remember WORD FOR WORD. I know that if I were to ask Jennifer she would say the same thing. So here is the first one.

"See this ugly yellow stain? It comes from cigar and cigarette smoke. Just think, smoking a pack a day, everyday, could do to your teeth. But look...here's Topol, the smokers tooth polish, it helps remove all kinds of superficial tobacco stains. Just use Topol, week after week and watch your teeth get brighter and brighter."

And here is the 2nd one

I think they may even still use this one.

"C&H, pure cane sugar. From Hawaii, Sweet Hawaii, growing in the sun. When you cook when you bake, for goodness sake it C&H. C&H pure cane sugar that's the one."

Ok, I know that is weird, especially the Topol one, but come-on, it has been like 25+ years and I still remember them. I don't think I will ever forget them.

What is you craziest childhood memory??

3 comments:

Shawni said...

I wish my memory was better so I could remember things at all, let alone commercials! (That's why I have to write down so much!) Good job on that! Julie M. just told me she's in your ward. It really is such a small world! It looks like you guys are doing great...the beach looks dreamy.

Rachel Rogers said...

Shanen,

One of my tv childhood memories was watching Disney's The Gummie Bears. My twin sister and i talked about if we could figure out what was in their gummie berry juice...and if we could figure it out, and make it ourselves..it would be fabulous to bounce everywhere. Seriously...we thought it was an actual possibility!

Nichols Family said...

I totally used to do that. I still remember the C&H pure cane sugar jingle too. I can pretty much recite the whole Wizard Of Oz movie too. :) I've never heard of Topol though...