Monday, June 15, 2009

Complete Meal

I think I have finally found it. My Kobi just turned 6 years old and for 4 1/2 years there has NEVER been something that she has LOVED. I mean really loved. Yes, she loves her baby, or her blanket, and polly pockets, or even Little Pet Shop, but lets be honest. She is my most difficult child, and has been since she was 18 months. I have NEVER been able to "punish" her, if you will, by taking something away. She just didn't care. Didn't care if she slept without her baby, spanking didn't work, timeouts didn't matter. It was pointless. Until recently. We discovered about a month or so ago, that Kobi LOVES helping in the kitchen. She wants to help EVERY night. She is good at it, and she is HELPFUL, and she isn't FIGHTING with anyone. WE ARE ALL HAPPY.


I have been a bad mom. Them helping me in the kitchen isn't something I have really ever done before. It was "easier" for me to do it myself. I AM SOO WRONG!!! Her helping has been wonderful and it has made our first week of summer break, VERY GOOD!!!

I am so proud of her. She is working hard all day long to be good, because she know that if she is, she can help with dinner. And if she isn't....I finally have something to "take away."

Here is dinner the other night. Tacos. She honestly did it all. From browning the meat, to cutting all the veggies, to grating the cheese, to mixing the guacamole, to warming the cheese chips, to setting the table. She did great, and was so proud of herself.



Way to go Kobi!!!

6 comments:

Kari said...

That is so great that she loves to help you! From the looks of it, she did a great job!

nicole said...

What a great helper. I love that she has a passion in the kitchen. Use it to your advantage while you can, who knows if it will last or not. What a great learning opportunity for her also. She's looking so grown up!

MommyRohner said...

You may have a future Chef on your hands. Let that girl cook!

Jamie C. said...

Kobi looks just like you in that last picture. SO cute! I love helpers in the kitchen. I hope she keeps it up so you two get some great bonding over meals!

Paityn Ann said...

Hello I do remember who you are! I have mom right here with me. We are in Long Island right now and my parents came to visit. If you don't mind I will put your blog link on my page so my mom can see it sometimes. She says to tell you that Paul Bingham is going to die of cancer any day now. Love from my family! good to hear from you.

Heidi Ann said...

I LOVE Kobi! She's darling, full of spunk and personality, and always smiling.