Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summertime = Busy

Holy Cow has time just flown by. I cannot believe this is the last day of June. Our summer has been consumed with Swim Team for the girls every morning Monday -Friday at 8AM and not getting done until 9:15. It really isn't too bad, and I am pleased and surprised that they like it as much as they do. They have NEVER ONE TIME complained about having to wake up. They are excited for Saturday morning to go to the competitions and they/we are proud of their hard work each week.

Kylee loves getting first and second place, and Kobi loves getting lots of ribbons. We are always proud of them for working hard and sticking with something they have chosen to do.

Kruz has been a trooper and plays pretty nice during swim team. He doesn't get in the water, and is pretty happy reading his books. I thought it was going to be tough having him there and not getting wet, but he has done great. He had to take a 2 week break from swimming after his surgery, and that was rough, but he loves getting in the pool any chance he can now.

My kids have been really good. They have been getting along around the house and they have become good at finding ways to keep themselves entertained. I love creative playing.
I have been working out with Josh now in the mornings at 5:30 since June 1st. We have been doing P90X. I don't love it, but it is more than I was doing before. It is tough and I sometimes can't make it through the 60 minute work out, but maybe one of these days I will actually see some results.

I also had to report for Jury Duty for the first time ever last week. What are the odds I would get picked?? Umm apparently pretty good. I sat on a DUI case for 2 days only to find the defendant GUILTY. What a waste of time.!!!

It was Father's Day, obviously a few weeks ago, and it was also Josh's birthday. We just enjoyed being together as a family. Josh has been working a lot lately. It stinks on the home front, but it is certainly hard to complain that he has work to do. We are headed out of town now for a few days. Camping and Park City. We can't wait, and are excited to have a much needed vacation. Enjoy the hot weather that came our way, we are headed to the mountains.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I have to tell you that Kate was asking me to make up songs about different things the other day such as blankets, stars, etc. and the cutest ever she asked me to make up a song about Kruz. I'm telling you its meant to be!

Kari said...

Have a great time on your vacation! I love the pictures of your kids as they are playing!

Allison said...

I just LOVE those creative play pictures! You will LOVE having those when they are teenagers!

Did you know Aaron and I did/do P90X? We've done several rounds, like maybe 6 and we love it! I had a P90X blog where we posted progress and stuff....did you follow that one? Anyway, you WILL get through the workouts, but what we love about it is that it never gets "easy", ya know? Always pushes you as hard as you will push yourself. And you WILL see results, especially if you are following the food plan. It's just good eating habits, really. If you want access to our blog, let me know and I'll add you as a reader! It's not current anymore, but we documented some recipes, and our struggles and our progress etc. Good luck, and Bring It! :)

nicole said...

What a busy summer so far! We're excited to go camping with you, even if it is just for a day and a half, and have so much fun in Park City! I'm so jealous.