Monday, September 24, 2007

Soccer Mom

So I am really experiencing for the first time what it means to be a soccer mom. Life as we know it over here is normally busy, especially the mornings. Somehow I manage to get Kylee ready for 1st grade, Kobi ready for preschool, Kruz ready for the sitter, and me to school by 8:00am. (Ok well maybe 8:20...shh don't tell). So we know busy, but this is the first year Kobi is old enough to play soccer. She is U6 and Kylee has moved up to U8. So they are 2 different teams and of course different schedules.

I know I'm sounding like I might begin to complain....and I know that many of you have the same situations, if not worse, but does it ever get easier??? I already know the answer, but Saturday was a bit ridiculous. Kylee had an 9:00 am game, with pictures beforehand at 7:55. So we were leaving the house at 7:40. Game gets over at 10:00. Kobi has a 12:00 game, pictures at 11:15. Game gets over at 1:00. We might as well spend all morning at the park. Except that Kylee wasn't feeling good, so we came home inbetween. Saturdays are just busy in general trying to get as much done as we can, but come on...3+ hours at the soccer field. I don't know how some of you do it. Reguardless of all that, I got some cute pictures of the girls. Not a lot of action ones yet, but at least you can see them in uniform.








Kobi's team is the Sharks




Kylee is the Red Dragons

8 comments:

Jamie C. said...

What cute soccer girls! Can you believe Gabs will be old enough to play soccer next spring? Um, hello, me a soccer mom? Too bad we'll be battling rain instead of deathly heat! I wish we lived close to you guys, I'm jealous everyone gets to see their soccer games but me! One day maybe! Love you!

nicole said...

Cute pictures. I can't believe Kobi is playing soccer. I can't wait for Dylan to be old enough to play. Let me know what times their games are so we can try to come out and watch.

Bryn said...

I loved watching Kobi play! She is a total flower picker, butterfly chaser kinda soccer player and I love it! That's what it should be at that age, all about the fun!! We'll make it to one of Kylee's before the season is up.

Nichols Family said...

Wow, A soccer Mom huh? I'm getting up the nerve and strength to possible sign up in 2 months. Whew, all that gear my kids will fight me on. I had enough trouble getting snowboots on them in WI. But if we don't at first suceed, try try again, right?

MommyRohner said...

I'm sure we'll be seeing you out at the field. We're doing the same thing on Saturdays, minus one child of course.
I'm just gonna be grateful the weather is starting to change. That first saturday was a killer.

foreveryoung said...

I think little girl soccer players are the cutest things ever. I wish Kylie had more than zero interest in the sport, but after hearing about your schedule maybe I'm glad we're sitting out this season :) But when you see them score a goal (or atleast touch the ball!) I'm sure it will make it all worth it!

Fressia Vaughn said...

Cute cute soccer kids! I love soccer kids! I hope I get to be a soccer mom someday...

So how did you find my other blog now? Too wierd... that one is actually a school project in process. It's got a long long way to go. I'm in a Writing A Personal History Class... Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna go do some more work on it right now.

Fressia Vaughn said...

I love Crystal! I'm still confused how you found the blog about my dad, not my main one. But anyway... I had to delete and rearrange my blogs on that one so it deleted your comments. Just wanted you to know that wasn't me deleting it. I like that you leave comments. :-)