Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just like daddy!!!

Well, Kruz's favorite thing to do for quite awhile now is to go into Josh's closet and wear his shoes and ties. He always comes out with the tie around his neck, clomping in the big shoes and will say "I go to church, just like daddy." Josh of course goes crazy because he will come home from work and I will not have cleaned up the mess and he finds his ties all over the floor and his shoes not in the shelf were they belong. This happens almost daily, but I am learning to clean it all up before he gets home to avoid the "Why do you let Kruz do this everyday?" Kruz loves being just like his daddy, and recently we have come up with another solution. A couple of weeks ago he got to wear his first tie to church. It's a little big, but he loves it!! He always wants his black pants on, white shirt, and a tie, "just like daddy." He sits in the chair in the bathroom and needs his hair done "just like daddy." And when we get to church he proudly announces to Brother and Sister Clement (who sit behind us each week) "I have my tie on, just like daddy....and just like bampa." (pointing to Brother Clement who he also calls (grandpa).

I think my little guy is growing up. I just don't want him getting any bigger yet. He is at such a fun stage, and I am loving every minute of it.

10 comments:

Kari said...

That is so cute about Kruz! It's had to have the get bigger - I have found the same thing with Max.

Erin said...

I love the picture of Kruz in his tie, he is so handsome.

Chris said...

He is really handsome in his new tie!

Bunch of Brooks' said...

What a cute story to remember! Kruz is a really cute boy; especially in his new tie!!

nicole said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks in his tie. He's getting so big and just oh so cute. I look at him and just smile and think what a heartbreaker he's going to be.

Jamie C. said...

Are you sure Josh doesn't have that tie in his size? It looks like something I could totally see Josh wearing. He does look grown up! What a cutie! I'm sorry we haven't talked, I promise to call soon!

Trish said...

Oh, Kruz is just so much fun!! Next he'll be asking for a Honda...

Just make sure Josh loves vegetables, and picking up toys. Hopefully Josh doesn't have any bad habits to emulate, or it's gonna come back to bite him. Tell Josh that if I see Kruzy pickin' his nose, I'll know where it came from! That's all I'm sayin'!

Don't forget how Kruz can put away his ties and shoes "just like Daddy!"

Alisa Larson said...

Oh, how sweet. Thats funny that you just clean it up before Josh gets home. Does he know your tricks yet? :-)

Bryn said...

Dax is obsessed with his one tie! They look so cute when they wear them! We'll have to remember to stock up at Children's Place during Easter because that seems to be the only place I can find them in the right size! What a little stud he must be headed into nursery. I bet all the girls chase him!

Rachel Rogers said...

Love the new tie! He does look very grown up!